This cookies policy describes the cookies that we use on our website and the purposes for which we use them. By using our website, you consent to the cookies described below being deposited on your device for the purposes set out in this policy.
What are Cookies and how are they used?
A cookie is a small text file which is placed on your hard drive or browser when you
- Recognise when you have visited our website
- Obtain information about your preferences
- Carry out research and statistical analysis
What Cookies do we use?
Performance cookies help us to ensure our website is operating smoothly and
securely, for example by helping us understand which pages are most and least
popular and when users visit our website.
Functionality cookies allow the website to remember certain choices that you make.
They may also remember that your computer has been used to visit our website.
Types of cookies that may be used during your visit to the website are listed below:
Third party Cookies
Our website may contain links to third-party social media sites such as Facebook,
YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. If you take the opportunity to share our website
content via these social media sites, the sites may place cookies on your computer.
These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set. We have no
control over this or the technologies used by third-party sites, and accept no
responsibility for them.
- _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
- These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where vistors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- This site uses WordPress to manage it’s content. WordPress will sometimes set cookies into your computer to check your current status on the site. For more information please view this page about WordPress cookies.
- This site uses ShareThis to allow you, the user to share content from the website over multiple social networks. ShareThis set a few cookies on your computer to improve user experience.
- This cookie is a unique identifier that ShareThis uses to track the content you view and share. If you are in the US, then this data can be shared with ShareThis’s advertising partners.
- This cookie determines if the _stid cookie has already been set on your computer.
- Site Cookies
- cookie_notice_accepted, cookieconsent_dismissed
- This cookie tracks if you have dismissed our cookie notification and will prevent it from showing again if it has been dismissed.
We use Google Analytics to analyse how users use our website. It counts the
number of visitors and tells us about their behaviour overall, such as typical length of
stay on our site or the average number of pages a user views.
Information generated by the cookie about your use of our website will be
transmitted to and stored by Google on its servers. Google will use this information
for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website
activity and providing other services related to website activity.
We use the information to improve our website and generally enhance your
When you first visit our website, you will see a cookie notification banner displayed
at the top of the page that tells you that cookies are being used. You can either close
down your visit to our site at this point, or continue your visit.
If you do not want to accept cookies, or you wish to enable, disable or delete them,
you can change your browser settings. If you do this, please be aware that
(depending on the action you take) you may lose some of the functionality of our